Turkey Soup & Biscuits


Looking for an easy meal with left over Turkey? Well, this is so simple. I cheat, yes, admit I do. I found that in a pinch I can make soup with just the boxes of chicken broth, cut up carrots, celery, onion & left over turkey. About ten mins before you are ready to eat, add the egg noodles. Easy peasy! I usually make baking powder biscuits to go with the meal. Once again, I cheat! I use my bosh to mix the dough, much cleaner :) Roll them out and bake for 10 mins. Simple meal. But you do have to start soon enough for the veggies to cook all the way through. But once on a simmer, it is low maintenance. If you want a bit healthier, add potatoes rather than the egg noodles. My kids like the noodles, so for now I use that, sometimes I add both. 


Baking Powder Biscuits (Betty Crocker)
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening (I usually use butter)
3/4 cup milk

I add all dry ingredients into the bosh, then cut the butter. Do a few pulses to mix it a bit more. Then I add the milk and beat only until mixed. Roll out 1/2" thick then use a round cookie cutter but you can also just shape the biscuits by hand. Makes about 12. Bake for 10-12 min at 450°F. Great for dessert too, just add jam.

Comments