Teriyaki Chicken

OK, it is Halloween today, which means one thing.... TREATS! LOTS & LOTS OF TREATS! So as a mom I want my kids to eat at least something a bit good for them during the day. So I was racking my brain to think what will they eat without any fuss? Well, in my house, sadly that is a hard thing to do, to please everyone. So I finally remembered something that EVERYONE likes. Amazing that it happens at all with 4 kids, but alas this is what they all love. BBQ'd Teriyaki chicken with rice and pineapple sauce. (OK, not everyone likes the pineapple sauce yet... but I can hope as they get older) Anyway, I completely cheat with the Teriyaki and use a thick teriyaki sauce I purchase. I usually put it on a few hours before cooking, but it works to just spread and BBQ, but it has more flavor if it sits. So I try to do it for a fuller flavor. Pineapple sauce, is yummy and super easy to make.... sorry no photos but here is the recipe....
2 tbsp. Cornstarch
1 cup brown sugar
2 x 14 oz. Cans of tidbits, drained, reserve juice (I have used crush too)
1 tbsp soy sauce
2/3 cup vinegar
1/2 cup chopped green pepper

Mix cornstarch with sugar. Add reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce & vinegar. Cook on low, stirring until thickened  Simmer for 2 mins. Add pineapple and green pepper. Serve over rice with BBQ'd chicken. If you try it and like it, let me know :)

Comments