Pumpkin Roll


OK, doesn't that look too yummy! Well it is, BUT if you make it, don't eat it right out of the gate, it really needs to sit and have a chance for the flavors to marry. I did a taste test right after rolling it up and it was .... alright, but nothing great. The cream cheese seemed to over take the pumpkin and it really didn't seem too, umm, pumpkiny. But I had another taste a few hours later and let me tell you, it was like eating something completely different! Ah, love pumpkin ♥

Anyway, the recipe I followed can be found here.  I did add nutmeg and a touch of ginger, which in my opinion is a much better pumpkin flavor. I know that there are a lot of people that are afraid of the jelly roll thing. But really if you do it right, it is SO easy. Here is a youtube video to help with the hows! I did however rolled the long end not the short end. Watch it, it has some great tips, including how to make cake flour, how great is that! 3/4cup flour + 1/4 cup cornstarch = 1 cup cake flour. Now next time you need to have cake flour you won't have to run to the store. Nice!



Comments