Beef Dip

Alright, a change of pace. I have always loved beef dip. Often I would order it at restaurants when I would go out because I couldn't make it at home. Well, I must say that several years ago I was looking in a "Company's Coming" recipe book for the crock pot and found a recipe. Happy day :) I had to try it. Turned out it was very good. So much so that I don't order beef dip at restaurants any more because the last time I did, I didn't like it. I could make a better beef dip at home. Who knew!  This recipe is SO easy. Just have to throw your roast into the crock pot and pour boiling water over it until it is half way up the meat. Cook for 6-8 hours on low once it is done you strain and season the au jus and slice the meat. Then sit back and listen to the compliments. OR in the case of my children, whining. But they whine about pretty much everything except the desserts, so what can I say. I love it :)
Beef Dip

    2 1/2 lb. boneless beef chuck
    boiling water
    4 tsp beef bouillon
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp pepper
    10 Italian buns
    Place roast in crock pot. Pour boiling water over roast, cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove roast, add seasoning, slice roast. Place in bun and serve with 'au jus. Delish!

Comments